Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and HUB App
To keep you connected while at sea, every one of our ships provides satellite Internet access facilitated through the HUB Internet Café and through the bow-to-stern ship-wide Wi-Fi network.
What plans are offered? (new plans)
Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Many of our ships now feature our improved internet plans, offering faster, more reliable connectivity at a greater value, starting from just $5 USD a day. Plans are available in either day-long or cruise-long durations – exact pricing depends on the journey.
Plans that may be bought include: (prices are subject to change)
- Social ($5 USD per day) – Best value, great for staying connected to your favorite social networks. Does not include access to the entire internet.
- Value ($16 USD per day) – Perfect for casual internet usage. Includes access to email and the whole entire internet, except bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming.
- Premium ($25 USD per day) – Best for heavy internet users, like Skype. Includes access to email and the entire internet.Offers our fastest possible speeds!
Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.
What plans are offered? (old plans)
Some ships still have our by-the minute plans. Time Plans offer our guests a per-minute rate that can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and do not have to be used in a single session. The Plan is transferable between the Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices; multiple devices can be used, however, only one device may be connected at a time. A refund will not be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not permitted and plans are subject to change.
- 480 minutes for $159 USD
- 240 minutes for $89 USD
- 120 minutes for $59 USD
- 45 minutes for $29 USD
- Pay As You Go - $0.75 USD per minute
What restrictions are there? (both new and old plans)
Please note that as our services are carried via satellite; there are a few limitations compared to your home network.
- Satellite internet speed may vary depending on location and time of day
- Video streaming sites such as Hulu and Netflix are blocked
- Access to certain sites such as mature or violent content is blocked
- VPN connections are not supported - discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
How do I know if my ship offers new (social/value/premium) or old (minute) plans?
The following ships are offering the NEW internet plans. We aim to complete the rest of the North American fleet by the end of 2015. Other ships not listed here still have 'by-the-minute' plans.
What are some tips to improve the experience?
- Make sure you know how to use airplane mode – it’s important to turn that on to avoid roaming fees
- Turn off background App. data services and updates
- Discuss VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Get the most from your cruise Internet time and your trip — make sure you are powered up and prepared before you board the ship with this handy pre-cruise checklist. Here are a few things you want to remember to pack for your cruise:
- Wi-Fi enabled laptop and mobile devices
- Power supply for each of the devices you are bringing with you
- Data cables to transfer pictures
Do you have public computers onboard?
All of our ships feature areas with publicly accessible computers, which are open twenty four hours a day. You may use your existing internet plan with them, if you have one. These are Microsoft Windows based PCs with standard internet browsers. They do not offer MS Office or other specific software. You may not install your own software on them. Printing is offered at no charge.
Pilot: Shipboard Mobile Smartphone App
Ships: Carnival Breeze
1/15/15: Carnival has launched a new mobile app that provides guests with a variety of useful information to maximize their fun on a Carnival cruise, including an innovative ‘chat’ feature. The app is currently available for iPhone and Android users via their respective app stores with fleet wide rollout planned within the next 18 to 24 months. During this time, Carnival will continue to add more fun and functional features to help guests have an even more personalized and memorable cruise vacation, such as the ability to purchase shore excursions, view photos taken by the ship’s professional photographers on board and more.
The free Carnival Hub app is designed to provide guests with a convenient, at-a-glance view of the ship’s many shipboard facilities and features along with updates on events and happenings taking place on board.
Also available is a ‘chat’ feature where guests can communicate with anyone on board from their mobile devices. The price for the chat feature, which includes a group chat option, is $5 USD per voyage (during the testing period).
The app also includes:
- A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events
- A ‘favorites’ feature that allows guests to see what events and activities their sailing companions are participating in
- Information on casual dining options along with details on popular watering holes
- Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings
- Itinerary details, including current ship time and arrival/departure times for upcoming port calls
- Real-time information on the guest’s current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance
- And many more features… Coming soon!
Carnival HUB App - Quick Reference Guide
Quick Reference Guide
What is the app name ? How can I download it?
Carnival HUB app, you can also search for Carnival Cruise Lines to locate the app.
IOS/Apple iPhone versions supported:
7.0 and up - this includes iPods
Android/Google versions supported:
4.1 (aka Ice cream sandwich) and up
What does the app do?
App functions: Chat ( $5 USD fee will apply), ship maps, list of activities (same events/activities as FunTimes), list of restaurants/food venues and their open times, sail and sign charges, and general good to know section.
Where do the features of the app work?
On board Carnival Breeze
When will the Carnival Hub app be available on the other ships?
Within the next 18 to 24 months. The exact ship schedule has yet to be determined.
Is it free?
The app is free to download. Downloadable through the app store – iTunes and Google play, there will be a nominal shipboard fee for use of the chat function.
Do I need internet to use the app?
Internet purchase is not required. However the guest will need to connect to ship’s wifi network - Carnival-Wifi.
Can minors use chat?
- Guests’ 13 and older with charging privileges can purchase chat.
- Guests’ 12 and under can have chat purchased for them by their parent or legal guardian (guest must be 18 years or older). This list will be sourced from guests' linked as travel with, same cabin, and guests on the same account.
Who is in my contact list?
- The contact list is created from guests linked together as travel with.
- Guests in the same cabin, guests on the same account and guests linked through the reservation system as travel with.
How does a guest add someone to my contact list?
- In order to add a new contact, navigate to the contacts page, select add new. The app will prompt you to enter a chat id. The guest to be added chat id is found at the top of the main menu.
- This function is not available for guests 12 and under (for safety/security reasons).
Can I make a reservation using the app?
Not at this time, but this will be available as an upcoming feature soon.
For a question unrelated to this article Click Here