Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and HUB App
To keep you connected while at sea, every one of our ships provides satellite Internet access facilitated through the HUB Internet Café and through the bow-to-stern ship-wide Wi-Fi network.
What plans are offered? (new plans)
Carnival has upgraded their communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Many of our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!
We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:
- Social ($5 USD per day) – Access to popular social sites and Apps such as Facebook, What’s App and Instagram. Does not include access to the entire internet.
- Value ($16 USD per day) – Access to the web. Perfect for emailing, browsing the news and keeping up to date with sports scores. Does not support access to bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming.
- Premium ($25 USD per day) – Access to the web at up to three times faster than the other plans. Supports Skype where coverage allows.
Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.
What plans are offered? (old plans)
Some ships still have our by-the minute plans. Time Plans offer our guests a per-minute rate that can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and do not have to be used in a single session. The Plan is transferable between the Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices; multiple devices can be used, however, only one device may be connected at a time. A refund will not be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not permitted and plans are subject to change.
480 minutes for $159 USD
240 minutes for $89 USD
120 minutes for $59 USD
45 minutes for $29 USD
Pay As You Go - $0.75 USD per minute
What restrictions are there? (both new and old plans)
Please note that as our services are carried via satellite; there are a few limitations compared to your home network.
- Satellite internet speed may vary depending on location and time of day
- Video streaming sites such as Hulu and Netflix are blocked
- Access to certain sites such as mature or violent content is blocked
- VPN connections are not supported - discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
How do I know if my ship offers new (social/value/premium) or old (minute) plans?
The following ships are offering the NEW internet plans. We aim to complete the rest of the North American fleet by the end of 2015. Other ships not listed here still have by-the-minute plans. Note: Implementation dates are subject to change.
What are some tips to improve the experience?
- Once you board, turn Airplane Mode ‘On’ and connect to Carnival Wi-Fi. By using Airplane Mode, you avoid roaming fees charged by your carrier. Airplane Mode is typically found in your phone’s Settings.
- To benefit from faster speeds, turn off background app data services and updates
- Discuss VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Get the most from your cruise Internet time and your trip — make sure you are powered up and prepared before you board the ship with this handy pre-cruise checklist. Here are a few things you want to remember to pack for your cruise:
- Wi-Fi enabled laptop and mobile devices
- Power supply for each of the devices you are bringing with you
- Data cables to transfer pictures
Do you have public computers onboard?
All of our ships feature areas with publicly accessible computers, which are open twenty four hours a day. You may use your existing internet plan with them, if you have one. These are Microsoft Windows based PCs with standard internet browsers. They do not offer MS Office or other specific software. You may not install your own software on them. Printing is offered at no charge.
Carnival HUB App
The Carnival HUB is a 4+ star cruise App available on the Google Play and App stores. The HUB App provides a detailed list of all the fun activities taking place throughout the cruise. It also has information on food and beverage options, a searchable ship deck plan and access to your up to date Sail & Sign account overview. Recently added options include the ability to pre-purchase the Cheers! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board. On Carnival Breeze, guests may upload photos to be displayed on Carnival Breeze’s Seaside Theatre during the voyage. Additional features are scheduled to be added in the future.
The HUB App is now on the Carnival Breeze. It will be available on Carnival Pride, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory by the end of the year. The rest of the fleet will roll out during 2016. The Carnival Vista will launch with the HUB App.
The App is FREE to download and use. For a small additional fee of $5 USD, the HUB App offers a chat and group chat functionality so that guests may chat with friends and family on board to check in and coordinate meeting times. There’s no internet plan purchase required to use the App!
The Carnival HUB App is available for iPhones and Android phones. Prior to sailing on a ‘HUB’ ship, guests should visit the Google Play and Apple App stores to download it. They should search for Carnival HUB or for Carnival Cruise Line.
Carnival HUB App - Quick Reference Guide
Do you need to buy an internet plan to use the Carnival HUB App?
Absolutely not! The App is designed to work within the ship’s network. It works on Airplane Mode! Download the App prior to boarding at the Google Play or App stores to be able to enjoy all its features from the moment you arrive!
What is the App name? How can I download it?
Carnival HUB App; you can also search for Carnival Cruise Lines to locate the App.
IOS/Apple iPhone versions supported:
7.0 and up - this includes iPods
Android/Google versions supported:
4.1 (aka Ice cream sandwich) and up
What does the App do?
- Onboard chat and group chat ($5 USD fee will apply)
- List of all the activities happening around the ship, and ability to favorite them
- Searchable ship maps
- List of all the food and bar options, with information around when they are open
- Information on the guest’s account, including up to date charges
- General 'Good to Know' section
- In August, guests will also be able to purchase Cheers! And Bottomless Bubbles using the App.
- We may be testing some features, such as photos, on select ships, as we work to develop an amazing App!
Can kids and teens use the App?
- Any guest may log into the app using information on their room key
- For safety reason, parents and guardians must give consent- via the App- for a guest 12 years and under to activate onboard chat
- Only individuals with charging privileges may purchase chat- so make sure your teen has some funds if you want to use the app to communicate with him/her
Who is in my contact list?
- The contact list is created from guests linked together as travel with.
- Guests in the same cabin, guests on the same account and guests linked through the reservation system as travel with.
Can I make a reservation using the App?
Not at this time, but this will be available as an upcoming feature soon.
For a question unrelated to this article Click Here