What to Wear?
Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest the following:
- Men: shorts, polo shirts, t-shirts, etc
- Women: shorts and tops (short sleeved or sleeveless), sundresses, etc
We suggest rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. Note: The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships.
The Lido Restaurant is open daily for breakfast and lunch and has a more relaxed dress code than the Main Dining Room(s); however, shirts and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times.
Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings where guests will have the opportunity to showcase their more elegant attire (one evening on a 2-5 day cruise; two evenings on a 6-day or longer cruise). The dress codes are described below and pertain to children as well.
For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly and has a more relaxed dress code than the Main Dining Room(s); however, shirts and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times.
Following is the dress code for the Main Dining Room(s):
Cruise Casual Dress Code
- Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts
- Women: casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses/tops, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs)
- Not permitted for both men and women: cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire
Cruise Elegant Dress Code
- Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
- Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
- Not permitted for both men and women: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportswear, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire
Canada/New England/Alaska cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers along with a raincoat and umbrella because it is often cold and windy in such areas.
Europe and South America cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. Bring a sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Important Note: It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites (no bare legs or shoulders).
If your cruise includes one of these holidays, you are welcome to dress up for this fun event!
International Talk like a Pirate Day
Put the “Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh” in Pirate as we celebrate ‘International Talk like a Pirate Day on September 19th. Enjoy our quirky pirate events and dress in your best Pirate garb!
‘Frightfully Fun’ Halloween
'Frightfully Fun', our Halloween celebration is always a fun and a memorable time aboard a Carnival ship with a variety of fun-filled activities for all, including the always interesting costume contest for children and adults alike. Please note that we do not allow any toy or imitation weapons of any kind on board nor do we allow guests to wear masks.
Halloween will be celebrated on the following 2015 cruises: Breeze (Oct 24), Conquest (Oct 25 and Oct 31), Dream (Oct 25), Ecstasy (Oct 30), Elation (Oct 26 and Oct 31), Fantasy (Oct 27), Fascination (Oct 29), Freedom (Oct 29), Glory (Oct 24 and Oct 31), Imagination (Oct 29 and Oct 31), Legend (Oct 26), Magic (Oct 25), Miracle (Oct 17), Paradise (Oct 26 and Oct 31), Pride (Oct 26 and Oct 31), Sensation (Oct 29), Spirit (Oct 30), Splendor (Oct 23), Sunshine (Oct 23 and Oct 31), Triumph (Oct 24), Valor (Oct 24 and Oct 31) and Victory (Oct 26 and Oct 31).
Carnival’s Christmas cruise is the ideal time for reconnecting with friends, families and loved ones. The ‘Ugly Sweater Contest’ is the perfect excuse to bring out that horrible garment you have had for too long and turn it into the sensation of the season!
For a question unrelated to this article Click Here